1. Lectures- in Central Division and Western and Northern Divisions;
2. Education programs of basic banking/ technical to be explored and module to be developed – local universities or institutions, workshops minimum of quarterly, current and relevant topics interest for the banking industry, scholarship, research grants that would provide added value to the industry.
3. Membership – to increase from current
4. Update of Website and Electronic Newsletters
5. Panel Discussion on relevant subjects and topic
7. Others – Reposition of FIB, Advance our Members Career, Connectivity of Our Members to Professional Development, Membership Benefit programs.
All the activities must link to –
1. Training & Development;
2. Contribution towards Fiji’s Financial and Economic Development Strategies;
3. Compliance and Regulations
Promotional and Communications: Chaired by Martina Lee, ANZ, with the assistance of Nirmala Nambiar and the Secretariat
Events: Chaired by Lorraine Seeto, RBF, with the assistance of Neeraj Dutt and Mr Rajesh Choudhary
Learning and Development: Chaired by Shoran Devi, HFC, with the assistance of Mrs Anareta Tawaqa and Mr Surya Singh
The Institute organized 3 lecture presentations and a 1-½ day Workshop for Bankers and Lawyers. The Workshop was held at Tanoa Plaza Conference Room and was attended by 65 Bankers and 60 Lawyers.
Workshop for Bankers and Lawyers was held on Thursday 22nd February 2018 and was attended by 50 Bankers and 27 Lawyers Speakers were:
- Chief Justice Anthony Gates
- Mr Wylie Clarke, Principal, Howards Lawyers
- Mr Visvanath Das, CEO, Fiji Revenue Customs Service
- Ian Faragher, CEO, Capitol Insurance
- Ms Krishika Narayan, CEO, South Pacific Stock Exchange
Another workshop for Bankers and Lawyers is scheduled for Friday 24th August 2018.
Suggested future Workshop deliveries for 2018 are:
• Nadi – Pure Magic to conduct a 2-Day Workshop on Monday 28th – Tuesday 29th May 2018 (venue TBC)
Day 1: Program:- Emerging Leaders – Securing the Future
Day 2: Program:- Empowering Women to Thrive at Work (open to Men & Women)
• Labasa – Pure Magic to conduct a 1-Day Workshop on Friday 1st June 2018 at Hotel Takia, Labasa
Program:- Emerging Leaders – Securing the Future
• Suva – Evening Seminar on “The 16 Outcomes of the current ADB meeting in Manila and 2019 Conference hosting in Fiji in May 2019”.
Speakers/presenters – Mr Ariff Ali RBF Governor, Hon. Aiyaz Sayed-Khaiyum, Minister for Economy, ADB Regional Manager. Tentative date - Wednesday 4th July 2018. Venue: FBE Postgraduate lecture theatre, Laucala Campus, USP, Suva (TBD)
• West – Panel Discussion on Fiji Economy, Money-Laundering Counterfeit Note training and Amendments to the FTR Act, Personal Properties Securities Act 2017 on Tuesday 4th September 2018
Presenters: Mr Arif Ali, RBF Governor, Mr Razim Buksh, FIU Director and Ms Emily King, Associate, Munro Leys
• Suva - Mr Joel Abraham, CEO, Fijian Competition & Consumer Commission (FCCC) – presentation on FCCC Regulations and its Impact on the Banking Industry.
• 1-Day Bankers & Lawyers Workshop on 24th August 2018 at Holiday Inn
• 1-Day Workshop in partnership with NCR, in November 2018 at Grand Pacific Hotel. NCR will provide details of Speakers, costing etc.
2. Quiz Night
The Quiz Nights was held on 18 August 2017 (at RBF) and 31 October 2017 (at ANZ) in which members and bankers attended. A lot of positive feedback was received from members and drew a lot of interest from bankers to join the Institute. This year the Quiz Night is scheduled for Thursday 28th June. Proposed venue: ANZ Training Room, Level 5, ANZ House, Suva beginning at 5.30pm (TBC by Martina/Evelyn)
3. Annual General Meeting
The next AGM is scheduled to be held on Wednesday 25th July. The FIB President would like to make this event a BIG ONE and invite FIB members and their families. Suggested keynote speaker – Minister for Economy (speak on National Budget), RBF Governor, BSP’s new Country Manager Mr Haroon Ali, former PS for PSC Mr Parmesh Chand.
4. Indoor/Outdoor Sports activities
Just a suggestion, thought we do something different – Organize a one-day event for Indoor Sports activities to be held on Saturday 22nd September. Proposed venues – National Gymnasium. Games to be played are: Table Tennis, Troop Ten, Carom Board, Darts, Badminton. (Rounds 1-3, Semis and Finals to be played). Points for New Membership to begin in June.
Outdoor Sports Tournament is scheduled to be held on Saturday 24th November. Proposed venue: National Stadium / Gospel High School. Games to be played are: Soccer, Touch Rugby, Volleyball and Netball.
5. Pinktober Afternoon Tea
This is scheduled to be held in October 2018 (date TBC) at 3.00pm. We shall invite the ABIF/FIB members together with the Insurance Association of Fiji (IAF), FIB Management Com. and other organizations. Also invite a Guest Speaker (female) to talk on women’s health issues etc. Proposed venue: Holiday Inn / Grand Pacific Hotel. Proceeds to go towards the Fiji Cancer Society.
6. Movember Morning Tea
This is scheduled to be held in November 2018 (date TBC) at 10.00am. Proposed venue: T11, RBF Building.
Each Affiliate to provide 3 members who are willing to grow their moustaches during the month of November. We shall also invite FIB members together with the Insurance Association of Fiji, FIB Management Com. Also invite a Guest Speaker (male) to talk on men’s health issues.
7. Other ideas planned are:
• Debate where Affiliates’ CEOs participate on a topic
• Toastmasters competition
• Community work – ABIF/FIB/IAF cleanup campaign followed by BBQ proposed venue My Suva Park, Nasese
• FIB Branding Competition – FIB members to design a new FIB Logo. Winner gets $500 for best design. Announcement for new FIB Logo at the next AGM (TBD)