FIJI INSTITUTE OF BANKERS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The Fiji Institute of Bankers Scholarship Program recognizes members who have overcome significant obstacles to pursue their education.
The Fiji Institute of Bankers Scholarship Program is offering TEN prestigious scholarships for the 2018 academic year. Applications period is now open. This is an opportunity members and young Bankers to undertake study, research and professional development to broaden your professional prospects.
The following is a list of qualifications and requirements:
To be eligible to apply for the FIB Scholarship Program, you must meet the listed criteria below:
- Applicant must be a current Financial Member of the Fiji Institute of Bankers
- Applicant must be a Fijian citizen or permanent resident of Fiji
- Applicant must have been employed on a continuous full-time basis in a FIB Affiliate member for a minimum of two years as of the scholarship application deadline
- Applicant must be accepted by a recognized Tertiary Institution in Fiji or Overseas for the completion of either Certificate, Diploma, Degree or Post-Graduate Program (including Online programs)
- The Program of Study must be related to the work areas in the Banking Industry of Fiji
- The recognized Institutions are: University of the South Pacific, Fiji National University, University of Fiji or any other reputable or recognized University or Institution local or overseas
- Applicant must provide a written support of his/her employer for FIB Scholarship through their respective Human Resource Department
The decision to grant a scholarship is based on the following:
- The Scholarship is limited to Tuition Fees only, which will be paid directly to the Institution
- The Scholarship amount will be up to $5,000.00 per person/per year
- The Scholarship Recipient must pass with either – ‘A+‘ – pass with distinction, ‘A‘ – pass with distinction, ‘B+‘ – pass with credit or ‘B‘ – pass with credit, per unit
In order to be considered, the following must be submitted by the applicant:
- Completed Scholarship Application form – FIB Scholarship Application form
- Recent passport size photo
- Letter of recommendation from Employer – Human Resource Department recommending you for a FIB Scholarship
- Offer letter from Tertiary Institution
Completed Applications are to be sent to:-
The Executive Secretary/Treasurer
Fiji Institute of Bankers
62 Pratt Street, Suva
P O Box 2585, Government Buildings, Suva
AWARD ANNOUNCEMENT DATE
Applications should be made by 15th December 2017. Shortlisted candidates should expect to attend an interview in person.
Recipients of the Scholarships will be announces in mid-January 2018.