- This event has passed.
Awards Presentation Ceremony
February 22, 2018 @ 7:30 am - 8:00 pm
The Fiji Institute of Bankers (FIB) rewarded some of its members for their tremendous hard work through the year in raising banking to the next level during the Awards Presentation held on Thursday 22 March 2018 at the Holiday Inn, Suva with more than 300 members celebrating industry achievements.
“Bankers have given greater contribution towards the economic development of Fiji over the past years” says FIB President Saud Minam.
Mr Minam further said “FIB has come a long way over the last year in an attempt to build the Institute into an organization that can add greater value to its members.”
He would like to see membership grow this year as they drive value towards their members.
“We want to see bankers make the most of the FIB’s learning and development opportunities, sporting and social events and provide a platform for national rewards and recognition of our noble profession. You will largely see the FIB initiatives from last year throughout this year. The technical workshops, scholarship opportunities, indoor and outdoor sports competitions and fun inter-bank quizzes will continue.”
“Of course we would like to see our membership grow as we drive value for our members.”
Mr Minam said “Last year was a year of success for bankers. It has been a tough journey for most of us as we have past many hurdles and success throughout the years. The last awards night happened three years ago. Many have worked hard for this event and this has become a much more success event. Next year’s awards night will be bigger and better, we will see more new faces and awards.”
Meanwhile, there were two categories of awards which include Category Awards and Lifetime Achievement Awards.
Westpac Banking Corporation took home five (5) awards while ANZ Bank, Bank of Baroda and HFC Bank also bagged one prize each in the Category Award.
In the Category Awards category, the ‘Corporate Banker of the Year’ was awarded to Dharmendra Dipak Nand of Bank of Baroda.
The ‘Socially Responsible Banker of the Year Award’ was given to Westpac Microfinance, Women’s Markets and Everywhere Banking Team.
Westpac Banking Corporation’s employee Pravesh Singh was awarded with the ‘Young Banker, Highest Achiever of the Year’ for being the young and enthusiastic member.
The ‘Innovative Banker of the Year’ was awarded to Rigamoto Fonmanu of Westpac Banking Corporation.
The ‘Investment Banker of the Year’ award went to Mohammed Iaheed Khan of Westpac Banking Corporation.
The ‘Governor’s Award’ was given to Shoran Devi from HFC while the ‘Peoples Person Banker of the Year’ is awarded to Ritesh Singh from ANZ Banking Group Pacific Operations.
These young members were awarded for their dedication and hard work in delivering banking services to all their customers and being effective members of the Institution.
In the Lifetime Achievement Awards the Fiji Institute of Bankers ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’ were presented to 23 members for their long years of membership and distinguished as well as meritorious services.
The ‘Lifetime Achievement Awardees are:
- Punam Nand (BOB) 25 years
- Ragni Lata Sharma (BOB) 25 years
- Nalini Kumar (BOB) 25 years
- Caroline Waqabaca (RBF) 27 years
- Ritesh Singh (ANZ) 27 years
- Sudesh Shandil (BRED) 28 years
- Usha Narayan (BRED) 28 years
- Razim Buksh (RBF) 29 years
- Arthur Groom (ANZ) 30 years
- Shaukat Ali (FDB) 30 years
- Bharat Kumar (BRED) 30 years
- Abdul Hakim (HFC) 30 years
- Nafitalai Cakacaka (FDB) 33 years
- Rakesh Kumar (HFC) 33 years
- Madhur Lata (BSP) 34 years
- Jio Manueli (BSP) 34 years
- Manjila Goundar (BSP) 35 years
- Tevita Madigibuli (FDB) 35 years
- Lorraine Seeto (RBF) 36 years
- Bashir Ud Dean (WBC) 40 years
- Rosie Fong (HFC) 40 years
- Akanisi Raijeli Pene (WBC) 41 years
- Bernadette Wakeham (WBC) 42 years
All these awardees were presented with engraved plaques and certificate and other gift packs and merchandises from sponsors and FIB Secretariat.|
FIB President Saud Minam conveyed his congratulations to these awardees for their distinguished, dedications and meritorious services to the Banking Industry and also as role models for young members.
2018 Scholarship Programme
The Institute also announced that nine of its members had been awarded education scholarships through its 2018 Scholarship Programme.
The list of successful scholarship recipients based purely on merit in no particular order are as follows:-
- Ratu Peni Wainiqolo, Settlement Officer, BRED Bank (Fiji) Limited, pursuing Professional Diploma in Business Management Program at the University of the South Pacific’s Technical and Further Education (TAFE)
- Venina Ranadi Peters, Senior Bank Examiner, Reserve Bank of Fiji, pursuing Certified Practising Accountants (CPA) Australia – Foundation Course with one (1) subject per Semester at CPA Australia
- Freddy Lawrence Raj, Credit Clerk, Bank of Baroda, pursuing Post Graduate Diploma in Accounting Program at the University of the South Pacific
- Lois Kristina Lal, Senior Asset Finance Officer, ANZ Banking Group Ltd, pursuing Master of Commerce Program at the University of the South Pacific
- Ashish Veeran, Manager Lending Support Unit, BRED Bank (Fiji) Limited, Continuing student at Fiji National University with major in Accounting and Finance Program
- Shireen Ashika Singh, Clerk, Bank of Baroda, pursuing Post Graduate Certificate in Financial Administration Program at the University of the South Pacific
- Ravinil Prasad, Reconciliation Officer, ANZ Banking Group Ltd, pursuing Masters in Accounting Program at the Fiji National University
- Payal Priyanka Kumar, Loans Officer, Bank of Baroda, pursuing Post Graduate Diploma in Commerce Program at the University of the South Pacific
- Shujil Savikash Singh, Business Teller – CSO, BRED Bank (Fiji) Limited, pursuing Bachelor of Commerce Program at the University of the South Pacific
The FIB President Saud Minam said “These scholars are entering both tertiary education and the workforce with an expanded set of learning skills thanks to the innovative programmes of study they chose to follow.”
The FIB and its Affiliates would like to congratulate all Scholarship recipients and wishes them a very successful academic year and all the best for the successful completion of their programme.
All the Awards were presented by the Reserve Bank of Fiji Governor Ariff Ali.
More Awards photos can be viewed in the Gallery.